Please Read Before Updating
Before installing any firmware version, be sure to make a backup of your configuration and read all release notes that apply to versions more recent than the one currently running on your system.
Do not manually reboot your system at any time during an upgrade, unless otherwise instructed by Barracuda Networks Technical Support. The update process typically takes only a few minutes after the update is applied. However, the process can take up to 10 minutes for systems that have a large number of accounts. If the process takes longer, please contact Barracuda Networks Technical Support for further assistance.
Firmware Version 5.2Note:PST Collector is not available in firmware release 5.2 and newer.
- Enhancement: Improved reliability of Support Connection. [BNMA-19205]
- Fix: Occasionally, attachments could be corrupted when archived by Email Import or Email Stubbing from Exchange 2010. [BNMA-19619]
- Fix: Large PST exports could fail. [BNMA-18726]
- Fix: Recent configuration changes could be lost after rebooting. [BNMA-18673]
- Fix: Certain messages could display incorrectly after being stubbed. [BNMA-18737]
- Fix: Occasionally, large messages could be truncated when archived by an Email Import or Email Stubbing. [BNMA-18891]
- Fix: Improved stability of Email Import and Email Stubbing from Exchange. [BNMA-18915]
- Fix: Separating two Barracuda Message Archivers clustered in a mirroring configuration could fail. [BNMA-18268]
- Fix: Some messages imported using Exchange Integration did not display BCC recipients. [BNMA-17861]
- Fix: When searching from Barracuda Archive Search for Outlook and not all results were shown, the message indicating that did not always appear. [BNMA-17270]
- Fix: Users of the Barracuda Archive Search mobile application were unable to log in. [BNMA-17981]
- Enhancement: Added initial setup wizard to streamline first-time configuration. [BNMA-15313]
- Enhancement: Exchange Integration tasks automatically attempt more retries after some failures. [BNMA-17318]
- Enhancement: New group policy option to set a date range when automatically adding users' archive stores after installing the Outlook Add-In. [BNMA-16268]
- Enhancement: New group policy option to remove email from Outlook after archiving using the Outlook Add-In. [BNMA-15375]
- Enhancement: New option to require users to log in before viewing stubbed mail and messages linked from reports (default: Yes). [BNMA-16061]
- Enhancement: Added "Save Attachments" action when right-clicking search results in the Outlook Add-In. [BNMA-16841]
- Enhancement: Added "Log Out All Clients" action on USERS > Client Downloads page to let admins terminate Outlook Add-In and mobile app sessions. [BNMA-12691]
- Change: Outlook Add-In searches now return the first 1,000 results in all cases. [BNMA-16208]
- Fix: Message removal by retention could be delayed by up to one week. [BNMA-15704]
- Fix: Multiple Barracuda Message Archivers clustered in a mirroring configuration could sync messages already present on both units. [BNMA-15365]
- Fix: Users with certain usernames could be unable to download attachments. [BNMA-16363]
- Fix: Virtual Barracuda Message Archivers could reach 100% firmware storage usage during normal operation. [BNMA-16510]
- Fix: After certain Exchange Integration task failures, further tasks could fail to start. [BNMA-15990]
- Fix: When opening stubs and search results from the Outlook Add-In, an error "Unable to perform requested action" could appear. [BNMA-16292]
- Fix: After configuring a Barracuda Message Archiver as a mirror of another, the relationship was not copied to the second appliance. [BNMA-16511]
- Fix: Nightly configuration backups to SMB shares could fail. [BNMA-16209]
- Fix: Changes made to the Trusted SMTP Servers setting via Bulk Edit could fail to save. [BNMA-14732]
- Fix: Nightly Email Sync tasks with the Process Personal Archives option set imported the user's primary mailbox instead. [BNMA-14830]
- Fix: Stubbing messages generated by equipment such as network-connected scanners could fail. [BNMA-11665]
- Fix: When replying to a stubbed message in Outlook, the sent item could be removed. [BNMA-16406]
Firmware Version 5.1.1
- Search in assigned PSTs: Users can search inside individual PSTs assigned to their accounts. [BNMA-13010]
- New backup destinations: Support for SFTP, SMB shares using NTLMv2, and Barracuda Cloud. [BNMA-3669]
- Fix: Connecting to Barracuda Support for troubleshooting could fail. [BNMA-13167]
- Fix: Configuration syncing failed when setting up a mirroring cluster. [BNMA-16255]
- Fix: Bug fixes for internal services.
- Fix: Some users encountered errors viewing stubbed attachments. [BNMA-15945]
- Fix: Configuration backups to SMB shares failed when SMB1 was disabled. [BNMA-15856]
- Fix: Some users encountered errors logging in. [BNMA-15732]
- Fix: Security update to mitigate CVE-2017-11103. [BNMA-15833]
- Fix: Security update to mitigate CVE-2017-7494. [BNMA-15614]
- Fix: Configuration backups in the Barracuda Cloud did not appear in the list of backups to restore. [BNMA-15631]
- Fix: Exchange Integration tasks could fail to start. [BNMA-15554]
- Enhancement: Links from policy digest emails now require explicit authentication. [BNMA-12007]
- Enhancement: Improvements to the certificate verification process in Outlook Add-In and Stand-Alone Search Utility. [BNMA-14826]
- Enhancement: Improved accuracy deduplicating stubbed copies of previously journaled mail. [BNMA-14374]
- Fix: Items could be missing from PST exports that resulted in downloads larger than 3 GB. [BNMA-15116]
- Fix: Connections to Exchange servers in some address ranges could fail for cloud-connected appliances. [BNMA-13923]
- Fix: Users with the IT Admin rule can now use the Search As feature when authenticated via LDAP. [BNMA-15296]
- Fix: Saved searches stored on federated Message Archivers could fail to load. [BNMA-15275]
- Fix: Group members were not expanded for mail sent to aliases of distribution groups. [BNMA-13557]
- Fix: Spurious warning emails could be sent for Scheduled Exports when no export policies were configured. [BNMA-15193]
- Fix: Activating cloud storage could fail after entering valid credentials. [BNMA-14174]
- Fix: Fan speed displays on the Dashboard page could display warnings under normal operating conditions. [BNMA-15515]
Firmware Version 5.1
- Scheduled Export policies: Perform regular exports of newly archived mail that matches specified criteria. [BNMA-9286]
- LDAP server autodiscovery: Automatically discover LDAP server settings during initial setup. [BNMA-12304]
- Fix: The Dashboard page could fail to load under certain conditions. [BNMA-14852]
- Enhancement: Added support for items journaled via SMTP from Amazon WorkMail. [BNMA-14782]
- Fix: LDAP users whose DNs included certain characters could be unable to log in. [BNMA-14772]
- Fix: Download links for exports that produced multiple PSTs only gave access to a single file. [BNMA-14686]
- Fix: Restoring a configuration backup could fail. [BNMA-14638]
- Fix: Cloud export downloads could fail for users with the Admin role. [BNMA-14535]
- Enhancement: Added support for additional fields while searching Archived Mail stores using the Outlook Add-In. [BNMA-13733]
- Enhancement: Improved reliability of mirroring between Barracuda Message Archivers. [BNMA-13965]
- Enhancement: Added an "Other" category to Message Statistics on the BASIC > Dashboard page. [BNMA-12949]
- Enhancement: Added Unicode support in export filenames. [BNMA-12574]
- Enhancement: Users with the IT Admin role may now use the ADVANCED > Cloud Storage page. [BNMA-10373]
- Enhancement: Users with the IT Admin role may now configure trusted mail servers on the MAIL SOURCES > SMTP page. [BNMA-14112]
- Fix: Delegated stores were not correctly identified when the Shared Mailboxes setting was enabled for LDAP servers. [BNMA-11901]
- Fix: Exchange Integration tasks could stall in certain cases. [BNMA-14101]
- Fix: Syncing Archived Mail stores using the Outlook Add-In could cause high system load. [BNMA-11283]
- Fix: Syncing an Archived Mail store for a delegated mailbox using the Outlook Add-In could fail. [BNMA-11890]
Firmware Version 5.0.1
- Outlook Instant Search: When enabled, searching an Archiver store in Outlook searches all archived mail. [BNMA-8189]
- Fix: Viewing stubbed messages could fail. [BNMA-13476]
- Fix: Disk could fill up with RAID log files. [BNMA-13455]
- Enhancement: Improved Exchange Integration task performance. [BNMA-13536]
Firmware Version 5.0
- Office 365 Integration: Perform historical imports directly from Exchange Online.
- Browse assigned PSTs: Users with assigned PSTs may browse their contents regardless of the messages' sender or recipients.
- Folder Sync for subfolders of Sent Items: Exchange Folder Sync includes subfolders of the Sent Items folder.
- Fix: Updated OpenSSL to address the issues reported in OpenSSL's security advisory dated 2015-03-01. [BNMA-13576]
Note: SSL versions 2 and 3 for SMTP journaling connections are no longer supported. Please use TLS for secure journaling.
- Fix: Specifying a filter in the LDAP server configuration could cause inaccurate search results. [BNMA-13398]
- Fix: Smart host failure during message forwarding could interfere with task processing. [BNMA-13221]
- Fix: SNMP configuration could not be saved. [BNMA-12731]
- Fix: Searching as LDAP users from the Outlook Add-In or mobile apps could fail to return results. [BNMA-13184]
- Fix: Many concurrent Store Sync connections could result in requests failing. [BNMA-13167]
- Fix: Messages with addresses present in message headers but not in the envelope were excluded from search results for those addresses. [BNMA-10141]
- Fix: Policy alerts could fail to send for customers using locales other than English. [BNMA-11904]
- Fix: The BASIC > Dashboard page could fail to load after exiting Daylight Saving Time / Summer Time in Brazil and continental Chile. [BNMA-11109]
Firmware Version 4.1
- Exchange Autodiscovery: Automatically discover server settings for Exchange Integration jobs.
- Personal Archive Import: Import personal archives from Exchange.
- Skype for Business (Lync) Archiving: Import Skype for Business (Lync) messages from Exchange Conversation History folders and Lync Archiving Databases.
- Fix: Exchange Integration actions could time out sooner than expected. [BNMA-12724]
- Fix: Self-signed certificate verification for Exchange Integration did not work correctly. [BNMA-12665]
- Enhancement: Exporting messages in Cloud Storage from the Message Archiver observes the Preserve Journal Wrappers setting. [BNMA-10596]
- Fix: Cloud Storage rate control settings restricted traffic more than requested. [BNMA-12092]
- Fix: Some errors related to SMB shares could cause firmware storage to become full. [BNMA-12039, BNMA-11487]
- Fix: CIFS mirror shares with usernames that included domains failed to connect after rebooting. [BNMA-8356]
- Fix: Signed messages imported from a PST could be corrupted. [BNMA-12109]
- Fix: A large number of search filters could cause excessive memory usage. [BNMA-11434]
- Fix: Auditors who inherit their role from an LDAP group could see incorrect search results. [BNMA-11199]
- Enhancement: Added icons for replied and forwarded messages to the Outlook Add-In. [BNMA-8708]
Firmware Version 4.0.1
- Fix: Search result count did not always match displayed results when searching multiple sources. [BNMA-11846]
- Fix: Large numbers of PSTs increased Search page loading time. [BNMA-11881]
- Fix: Search results for built-in policies were incorrect for locales other than English. [BNMA-11921]
- Fix: Resolved a high severity vulnerability (unauthenticated local file include). [BNSEC-5672 / BNMA-12028]
- Enhancement: Added Cloud Storage queue length to the BASIC->Status page. [BNMA-11939]
- Fix: Updated OpenSSL to address the issues reported in OpenSSL's security advisory dated 2015-03-19. [BNMA-11878]
- Fix: Forwarding messages from the iOS and Android apps failed when users did not have permission to forward all search results. [BNMA-11343]
- Fix: Store Sync failed and increased system load for some folder types. [BNMA-11556]
- Fix: Automatic backups to an SMB share failed for some shares. [BNMA-10991]
- Fix: Folders were not included in PST exports starting in version 4.0. [BNMA-11652]
Firmware Version 4.0.0
- Cloud Storage: Rotate or mirror data from the Message Archiver to Cloud Storage.
- Saved search rotation policies will rotate messages to the Cloud after a defined duration.
- Mirror all content on the Message Archiver to Cloud Storage.
- Configure saved search retention policies for both the Message Archiver and Cloud Storage.
- Search, Export and Forward mail from the Message Archiver and Cloud Storage.
- The Outlook Add-In can now search both the Message Archiver and Cloud Storage.
- Federated Search: Connect multiple Message Archivers with different data sets together.
- Search, Export and Forward messages from any federated Message Archiver.
- Connect the Outlook Add-In to any federated Message Archiver and retrieve messages from all other appliances.
- New User Interface: The new Message Archiver web interface is cleaner with a new color scheme.
- Cloud Relay Service: Relay journaled mail from Google Apps and Office 365 to the Message Archiver.
- Fix: Large exports failed when running overnight. [BNMA-11355]
- Fix: Searching shared mailboxes from the Outlook Add-In did not work correctly. [BNMA-11138]
- Fix: Certain searches could time out unexpectedly, producing an empty result set. [BNMA-11047]
- Fix: Folder browsing/searching across federated Message Archivers did not work correctly. [BNMA-11061]
- Fix: Added counts for PIM items to the Cloud Status page. [BNMA-10497]
- Fix: On the BASIC->Search page, selecting a folder in a Shared Mailbox had no effect. [BNMA-11022]
- Fix: The Email Archive Report would reflect different date ranges when emailed or displayed immediately. [BNMA-9339]
- Fix: Updated OpenSSL to address the issues reported in OpenSSL's security advisory dated 2014-10-15. [BNMA-11075]
- Enhancement: Added support for Perfect Forward Secrecy when using HTTPS access for the Barracuda Message Archiver web interface. This requires using properly configured SSL certificates. See the ADVANCED->Secure Administration page to configure certificates. [BNMA-11077]
- Fix: SSLv3 has been disabled for the web interface to mitigate CVE-2014-3566 (SSL POODLE). [BNMA-11068]
- Fix: Forwarded emails with attached messages could not be opened in a mail client such as Outlook. [BNMA-10983]
- Fix: Local search results could be truncated when the connection to a federated Barracuda Message Archiver or Cloud Storage failed. [BNMA-10924]
- Fix: Searches with Unicode content would fail to execute on federated Barracuda Message Archiver units. [BNMA-10322]
- Fix: Searches for users on secondary LDAP servers would fail to execute on federated Barracuda Message Archiver units. [BNMA-10936]
- Fix: Long PST exports could fail to complete. [BNMA-8538]
- Fix: Searches failed for auditors when a saved search filter was set. [BNMA-9748]
- Fix: Searches with large result sets could fail to return results on slow connections. [BNMA-8661]
- Fix: Zip exports inserted incorrect headers when virus scanning was enabled. [BNMA-10111]
- Fix: Mail sent to distribution lists wasn't found when the distribution list appeared in a user's whitelist. [BNMA-9775]
- Fix: Searching the Sent Items folder in a PST through the Outlook Add-In returned incorrect results. [BNMA-10422]